Monday, October 18, 2010

Oh no! what's that smell.....

Today's lesson:
they say that you should never leave your baggage unattended at any time whenever you are travelling , at the airport, railway station, bus station or whatever mode of transport that you are using, for fear of people putting a little unwanted something into them
but today what I am going to say is:

never.....ever.....leave your cake unattended
trust me, and you will thank me for it....
actually this is a reminder for me
I learnt my lesson this morning.
The old folks used to say and I don't know if they are still saying it today in this borderless, IT era,
" Don't sing in the kitchen when you are cooking or you will end up marrying older men"
the reason being they are afraid that those girls will burn their cooking if they are busy singing their hearts out.Dunno if the saying is still used or not and I guess nowadays perhaps some ladies wouldn't mind marrying older men, for whatever reasons and it is not for me to decide or criticise. It is a matter of the heart( and money and security and many many other reasons ).
in fact, some prefer marrying younger guys...........


Baked my MCB, marble cheese brownies, so happy with the design, very simple cos I planned to write a birthday message using fondant alphabets later on today .
Leaving the MCB in the oven, I set the timer for about 25 minutes, went upstairs to check my e-mails, to do my morning blogwalking ,visiting my cyber friends and I got carried away, especially if I visit my Ontario friend whose humour and wits always brings smiles and make me see two moons ( like he always put it ) after reading his entries. Today , this morning was no exception.

Not only that, I received a call, a customer ordering some cupcakes and me, as usual, would be too absorb in my conversation when it comes to cakes and cupcakes. After ending the call, I went downstairs to check on my MCB but the smell coming from my kitchen was not too promising, it was not the usual nice cheesy aroma which I got from my baked marble cheese brownies, but it was a strong burnt marble cheese brownies smell and to my horror, it actually was burnt! it was much darker than the usual colour that I liked it to be.There is no possible way that I am giving this to my customer tomorrow.

I wasn't singing in my kitchen, nor was I listening to any music from either the radio or the TV and I for sure am not afraid of marrying an older man cos I already have a man in my life and yet I still burn my MCB! there goes one block of expensive Philadelphia cream cheese, one block of butter, amongst other things, fortunately I still have a few blocks of cream cheese and butter in my chiller and I would have to make another one, of course, nothing but the best for my customer.

lesson's learned, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment